Monday, January 7, 2008

Genesis/Terminus/Purpose

My name is Kyle and like you, most likely, I am a fan of Lost. We are currently in the midst of the interregnum between season three and four and, excitingly, the second official Alternate Reality Game - Find815 - related to the show. A slew of Lost websites are scattered across the internet; so why add another? I'm not looking to create a spoiler site or a place dedicated to screen captures or recaps. Instead, I'm going to fill these pages with analysis and musings on the show. At heart I am an English student and I will be until I die. When I read something or watch something, I cannot help but analyze. The deeper and better the material, the more I ponder. Unlike many literature fanatics, I rarely become emotionally invested in creations. Instead, I am drawn to their intelligent or philosophical bends. Embarrassingly, Lost defies my usual tendencies. Like the X-Files before it, Lost has managed to touch a chord in me that causes me to be affected in a way I cannot easily explain. I'm sure most of you can relate. The third season finale filled me with such melancholy that I have never really shrugged it off. In a way, I find the sadness that inhabits the episode a sort of happiness, simply because I feel that sense of loss or misstep. Anyway, because of the connection I have to the ideas of the show, I feel the pull to write about it. In the coming months and, hopefully, years, I will add my thoughts on the show and what the hell is going on. If I somehow manage to snag a few readers, I will look forward to comments and getting to know fellow fans along the way.

No comments: